Saturday, December 16, 2006

Kucinich for President

I just read a Kucinich interview that reminded me why I love him so much.

http://www.truthdig.com/interview/item/20061214_battle_muny_light/

My father, of course, hates Kucinich and always referred to something he had done while he was mayor as the reason. This was round about when I was born, so I wasn’t really sure what he was talking about, but I wasn’t about to ask for my father’s skewed version of the event. This interview explains exactly what Kucinich did, the price he was willing to pay, and why Clevelanders came to love him for it (something my dad could never understand).

I supported, and voted for, Kucinich in the last presidential primaries because I like pretty much everything for which he stands. Plus, he quotes Shelly! Seriously, how many politicians have the intellectual capacity to quote from “Prometheus Unbound?” I don’t know if America is ready for a leader like Kucinich, but I’ll be doing my best to get the word out:

Kucinich for President!

1 comment:

sinincincinnait said...

It will always take a nutcase to embrace a totally new direction. That accounts for some of the lag while the middle-of-the-road folks slowly come around to understanding the new direction is the correct direction.
For another reason it takes politicians so long to out themselves for peace, see my comment on the topic beneath.