Thursday, January 18, 2007

Commitment Issues

I have magazine article ideas that I know I could sell, if I just sent out a few query letters.

I’ve written a children’s book, and researched a few alternative publishers who I think would like it. I just need to contact them.

I’ve been on chapter 3 of my novel for round about a year. I knew I’d have time to finish it once I graduated… as soon as I found a job… after we got settled in to our new apartment…

Part of the problem is that I have too many projects; too many ideas swarming through my head. Part of it is that I have so many responsibilities; cook breakfast, go to work, pick the kids up, run some errands, PTA, children’s choir practice, cook dinner, make sure the homework is done, shuffle them off to bed, balance the checkbook (badly), quality time with hubby, and 5 hours of sleep before I do it all over again, and now 6 months have flown by, and I’ve only published 2 articles.

If anyone out there has any ideas about how I can better commit myself to writing, I’m all ears.

5 comments:

Larry Gross said...

Find a way to get fired from your job. Live off unemployment, freelance under the table and continue writing your book.

You're too good of a writer not to find time for it. Just do it!

Larry Gross said...

...............and one for thing.

I think you need to add a blogroll to your blog and the Living Out Loud blog needs to be included.

Greg Flannery sends his high, personal regards here in Cincinnati.

Heather Annastasia said...

Create a blogroll... good idea!

How?

Heather Annastasia said...

Get fired from my job... also a good idea.

Heather Annastasia said...

Okay, I made links! :)

...now to get fired...