Thursday, February 15, 2007

Focus, focus, focus!

Making money and getting published seem to be two entirely different pursuits.

I need to get published and get my name into as many different publications as possible. I need credibility.

But the money is slow coming. $75 here... $175 there...

I only have a few months to turn freelancing into a reliably-paying job, and the publications that pay good money can take five months to respond to a query (never mind accepting a manuscript and setting a date for publication).

I also feel like I'm being pulled in a hundred different directions; journalism, fiction writing, magazine articles, hmm... what about juvenile fiction, that sounds like fun!

Okay, enough babbling. I have to get back to work.

Please deposit any useful advice.

No comments: