Monday, February 5, 2007

Global Warming

I'm not sure about global warming.

I was pregnant during an El Niño year. The weather was insane. Akron was warm and sunny for most of the winter while kids in Florida and Texas were playing in snow.

Dick Goddard, the Cleveland weatherman, held up a newspaper from an El Niño year many decades ago before people understood this particular weather pattern. The page was filled with hysterical and ominous warnings and speculated that airplanes and radio waves were causing the crazy weather.

So maybe the global warming scare is a overreaction to climate changes that would be happening even if we weren't here.

I'm leaning towards believing in global warming now, but I'm not convinced. Either way we need to clean up our act and find alternatives to oil, which isn't going to happen until we force the oil industry to release its stranglehold on our economy.

7 comments:

Jason said...

How is it I always agree with you?

:)

Heather Annastasia said...

Great minds think alike?

:)

C.A. MacConnell said...

hi are your comments working

CA MacConnell said...

havin trouble w/ leaving you a msg. hopefully they wont show up as 50 repeats later. : )

C.A. Again said...

just wanted to say hey. rock on writer. i agree w/ you abt these weather chgs occuring w/ or w/out us. ca.

Heather Annastasia said...

This blog has been acting up lately, I don't know why.

Sometimes I have trouble logging on.

Larry also complained about having trouble leaving comments.

Sorry about that.

C.A.,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying to see if I can get by on freelancing alone, and I'm terrified of failing. :(

sinincincinnati said...

Do you know how cold it is here now?
Look it up and pass it along to your buddy, Al Gore. Maybe he'll soil his trousers, but I doubt it, what with that cob he has up his butt.