Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Now

There was a time

When God filled the infinite expanse

Claiming everything striking and awesome

Everything beautiful and perfect

So much so, that I wondered if those who couldn't see God

Could truly be struck or awed

Now

The sunset is no less beautiful

The moonlit outline of rocky cliffs on a dark night is no less striking

Moments of wonder and awe and beauty and perfection

Are not claimed or owned

But infinite

In and of themselves

My imagination is free to wander

Into the immeasurable spaces of nothing

Which surround an envelop everything

Now

I can truly be struck and awed

2 comments:

Caravan said...

you're no poet, but I get what you're saying.

Too many people think you have to believe in a creator to appreciate creation.

Heather Annastasia said...

I wouldn't call this a poem.

Just a trail of unstructured thoughts.