Sunday, May 1, 2011

Take that, Republicans!

*sigh* I was going to do a "Ding-dong, the witch is dead" post, but when I googled that phrase, ten other sites had already done it. Really? The news of Bin Laden's death just broke like twenty minutes ago! Perhaps I'm not as clever as I thought...

Anyway, I'm eagerly waiting to see how Fox News and the Republicans are going to try to spin this; or will they be forced to grit their teeth and pat Obama on the back for accomplishing the task that Bush failed to complete?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am anxious to see how the Republicans are going to play this as well. Perhaps I'm even more interested to see how the crazy Republicans and Tea Party folks -- perhaps I commit a tautology here -- will react over time. How about something along the lines of: Obama had to kill Osama because OBL had proof that Obama was born in the Middle East and is a card-carrying Muslim. Don't laugh...you'll see something as outlandish, if not worse. Jerry

Heather said...

Ugh... so far the attitude on FOX seems to be that Obama was just continuing Bush's strategy, and that this is proof that "enhanced interrogation techniques" work.

It was funny, I went to the Fox News website yesterday morning, and there was a picture of Bin Laden and a picture of Bush, with a quote from Bush saying that this is a victory for our country. I didn't bother reading anything else. A picture is worth a thousand words.

As for the nuttiest folks, my money is on them finding some obscure, poorly translated Bible quote that proves Obama is the antichrist.